Thursday, October 10, 2013

White Cake Milkshake - It brings all the boys (and girls) to the blog......

 photo 8f436184-3fd4-4133-8341-17d817b45395_zps3369496c.jpg

Darn right!  It's better than yours, I can teach you (but I won't charge)..... La la, la la la...

Okay, okay enough of those silly shenanigans! I could have also titled this post "guilt shake" because as I was getting my blender out to make it, Beckett our 6 year old says "I remember when you used to use that to make "healthy" smoothies."  Uhhhhh, thanks kid....  

I will also tell you that this milkshake won out against its competition, which was going to be a post about a copy cat Starbuck's Vanilla Bean Frappuccio recipe and I promise I will be posting it soon, but for today this milkshake will have to satisfy the craving (and I promise you IT WILL)!  I found this on Pinterest and as a lover of all things cake, ice cream and..... well let's just be honest sugar, of course it piqued my attention! I immediately pinned it and went to search for all of the ingredients!  You can find the original recipe here.  I will say that I learned one thing from this recipe.  Quality ingredients DO matter.  The original recipe calls for plain frozen vanilla yogurt.  I used plain vanilla ice cream and I FULLY confess, (as you can see in the photo) it was NOT high quality ice cream.  Because I am a "sweets snob" I could immediately taste the difference between the cheaper ice cream and what would have been had I actually sprung for the higher quality brands (and in reality only spent a dollar or two more).  Case in point, I learned my lesson.  Now that I got that confession out of the way, I can say I was the ONLY one at my house who even noticed it. It was super delicious despite my picky tastebuds.  As a matter of fact, no one else even remotely questioned the brand of ice cream I used.  They gobbled it up before I was even done photographing the original! The beauty of this milkshake is, as the title implies you can not only taste white cake flavor but ice cream with every sip!  It is amazing and quite an ingenious idea! So without further adieu.... I will introduce you to my new found obsession....

 photo acdf5f92-05c5-43c7-af60-9c333f4038f8_zps76252147.jpg

White Cake Milkshake

1 1/2 Cups of Cold Stone Creamery International Delight Sweet Cream Creamer (yes Cold Stone Creamery has International Delights creamers! (if you click on the hypertext you can see all of the flavors they offer and get a .55 cent off coupon!)  Isn't that like a dream come true?!?

1/2 Cup of white cake mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme classic white)

3 Medium Scoops of plain vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt

1/2 cup of ice (I think I used about 8-10 ice cubes and I would recommend crushing the ice thoroughly first)

Combine all of the above ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
Top with some whipped topping and Enjoy! 

 photo 520ccbc2-ba55-4267-807c-f7dc82aae123_zps55bf3c9c.jpg

 photo 506e8aac-8556-4e69-8d8b-3587d677742c_zps515d8389.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment